Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bridesmaids!

Hadley and Daniel got married last Saturday!  It was a beautiful wedding. We are so happy for them!!  Months ago Hadley asked Skyeler and Aly to be in the wedding.  Skyeler was touched.  Aly was ecstatic!  She has been beside herself through the whole process.  I had the ultimate panic moment the Sunday before the wedding.  I woke up from my nap to find that Aly had cleaned out her closet.  In fact, 3/4 of her closet was in the middle of her bedroom floor.  Including many clothes that had fit her two months ago.  As in two months ago we had tried on her bridesmaid dress and it had fit perfectly and Hadley and I both agreed that Aly couldn't possible grow that much in two months.  The next morning, before taking the dresses to Robin to have them pressed at the bridal shop, we tried the dress on.  Enter the ultimate panic moment as I didn't think I was going to get the dress zipped!!  Well, it zipped, and Aly said she could breathe, and she would be fine, but it wasn't going to be pleasant.  I told Robin that I figured it was hopeless but to at least ask to see if the bridal shop had the next size up just lying around.  God is so good!  Hadley texted later and said they did!!  Aly and Skyeler wore the same size dress for the wedding!!  Crazy!

Skyeler, Dan, and I all took pictures the day of the wedding. I was shocked to discover, at the end of the day, that I really hadn't taken that many of my girls or the groomsmen that they were paired with.  I hope the professional photographer got some nice ones :)  These pictures are really just of my girls.  I will post some of my favorite from the wedding day in a separate post.

 Aly getting her hair done.  It was the first time that she had her hair done for a formal occasion.

 Aly all done up

Skyeler is almost done. 
Kelly's done Skyeler's hair for formals many times.  

 Aly, Skyeler, and Sarah during the ceremony

 Aly and Skye

 Aly, Dan, Skyeler, and Madi

 Sharon and me
(someone was playing with the white balance so our color is a little off)

Aly, Makenna, Skyeler, and Madi

No comments: