Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Niagara Falls, New York

We began our Boston Marathon Adventure on Friday.  After being in the car for hours traveling through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York, we surprised the girls with a stop at Niagara Falls.  When planning our trip to Boston, Aly asked to go to the American Girl Store in Boston and Skyeler asked if we would be close to Niagara Falls in New York.  We told Aly, yes.  We told Skyeler, too far. :)  Once we started looking at routes from here to Boston (there were three ways we could go), one took us within 45 minutes of Niagara Falls, so we planned to stop and surprise Skyeler.  It was a great surprise (she doesn't like them very often).  I couldn't believe that they didn't figure it out sooner.  There were signs all over for Niagara Falls, but the girls didn't realize that meant they were right there.  They thought it was just the highway leading there.  When we could see the mist in the distance, then the rapids, then finding a parking place, THEN they got it :)  

It really was beautiful.  An awesome work of God's hand.  I had never been there before either!  We took a lot of pictures.  A LOT.  I wanted to get a few up quickly so I just picked some and hurriedly fixed them for the blog ... which I really didn't need to do quickly because we didn't have internet in our hotel at Boston, so I couldn't get them up anyhow, and now we are home and I could have taken my time looking through and picking them out and fixing them properly ....  C'est la vie!

 Skyeler, me, and Aly
(at the top of the falls)

 me and Dan
(in front of the rapids)

Niagara Falls, the American Falls
(the mist in the back right is the Canadian Falls and the skyline is Canada)


No comments: