Friday, April 27, 2012

The Boston Marathon

Monday arrived sunny and HOT.  Not ideal weather for running, let alone running 26.2 miles.  Dan left the hotel early to catch a shuttle to the start of the race.  The girls and I slept in a little and then got ready.  I was pretty anxious about finding a spot to watch the race.  I knew we would not be able to get close to the finish line, and I was right.  It was so packed!  The girls and I just started walking down the sidewalk (a chore in itself with the crush of people) looking for a place we might be able to see something.  At about mile 26 we found a spot behind four chairs and more than four people.  We could see the race, barely, but we wouldn't be able to see Dan coming.  Over an hour and half later, we were able to move up to the front.  Not only did we get to see Dan, but we all got to hug his neck :)  It was very exciting!!  After he ran by, we gave up our spot and walked to the family meeting area to meet him.  











Dan finished 5,816 out of about 22,000!!! in 3 hours and 47 minutes.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

You are awesome, Dan!! Congrats on a great race. I love your shirt, by the way!