Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Art Class

I teach Art  to five amazing girls at co-op every other Monday.  They are extremely creative girls who are (usually) excited about anything I come up with  for them to do.  This is the fourth year I've been teaching this class.  Before the co-op year began, I found the coolest blog by a real Art teacher, Deep Space Sparkle.  Her projects are inspiring to me!  And I am finding that the girls' art is improving.  

Robin has been doing a Magic Tree House unit study in co-op.  They are currently studying the Afternoon on the Amazon book with an emphasis on the Amazon rainforest.  I found an art project to coincide with their unit study and we did chalk pastels of rainforest animals.  This was our first time with chalk pastels at co-op.  It was messy art but working with them on the black construction paper made for a bright and beautiful picture!  


 Chalk pastels

The process

 The hands

 All of the hands

 Nina's toucan

 Skyler's toucan

 Hannah's crocodile

 Aly's chameleon

Priscilla's red eyed tree frog


No comments: