Thursday, September 30, 2010

Renaissance Festival 2010

Hear ye! Hear ye! Queen Elizabeth I requests your presence at her annual Renaissance Fair! Aye, today was the day that we presented ourselves at the court of the Queen. After attending the jousting tournament (in which our patron knight had the victory), we meandered through the market place hoping to barter for some trinkets to bring home. We enjoyed our time at the fair and trudged home weary, but well pleased with our outing.

Skyler Ray (a.k.a. "little" Skyler) and Aly found a suit of armor to pose by

The joust: the tourney was very enjoyable this year, our knight was from "Scotland" and is on the horse with the purple trappings

Back (l to r) Tommy, Riley, Calleigh, Elizabeth, and Tori; Front (l to r) Matt, Nina, Max, Aly, Skyeler, and Skyler Ray

Skyeler found a very cool hair ornament that actually holds her fine hair

Aly also found a very pretty hair ornament. It looked very nice in her long hair

Riley comes to Aly's rescue with a piggy back after her shoes (which got a soaking in the dewy grass) began to rub her feet

"I'm only here for the food" (name that movie!) Actually, it is always on my list to get a funnel cake :) Surprisingly, I ate more of the candied pecans than this funnel cake. The kids descended on me once I bought it :)

Skyeler wearing her Sweet 16 Birthday present (a little early). I'm such a bad mom, I forgot to get a formal picture of her wearing it (oops). She had been drooling, I mean looking, at this dress for two years. It is very pretty.

The back of her very pretty dress :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you girls look very pretty, love the dress,Skye. Your hair stick is pretty. Aly, I think your hair piece is very pretty and cool. I really like it. Sorry I couldn't come this year, maybe next year.
Oh yes, Angel i like your funnel cake. Ha! Ha! love granny