Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Souvenir Shopping

I really should be resizing some pictures, however, it is almost dinner time and we are going to go to the Dairy Shack so I don't want to get in the middle of something big. This afternoon we took the yahoo's, armed with purses and wallets, souvenir shopping. We didn't want to attempt this feat on our last day AND there is a heat advisory out this afternoon, so it was a good day for this. While in North Carolina on vacation, Bryce bought a hermit crab. He shared this special news with Aly and the dream began. Immediately, Aly's one track mind went to "hermit crabs." We talked about them, we asked if we could take one home, when would we be able to go souvenir shopping... yada, yada, yada. Carter was not immune either. The helpful souvenir shop had plenty of hermit crabs and hermit crab kits and it was the main attraction. Carter bought one, Aly bought one, Bryce bought another one to keep his at home company, even Skyeler bought one to go in Aly's tank. Can you guess what we have been hearing since coming home???? "Is my hermit crab molting?" "Do you think it's sleeping?" "I think Carter's is dead!" "Can we take them out and watch them walk around?" "It pooped in it's food!!" "Look! It likes it Coco Hut!" "Can I give it an apple?" "I want to see if it likes Skittles!" "Do I have to wash my hands, I only touched the Coco Hut?" And on and on and on ...

Other souvenirs bought ... Carter - a shark tooth necklace (to remember the day he saw the shark) and a back scratcher. Aly - a t-shirt and a conch shell. Skye - some gift items and a ring.

No comments: