Wednesday, August 25, 2010

North Myrtle Beach

I wanted to share a few more pictures from our Myrtle Beach trip. It's amazing how sleepy lying in the sand and playing in the waves can make one. Every evening after we got in from the beach and had dinner, we were all ready to just chill out. I was thinking that I would post more pictures Friday night when we got back to my parents, but our road trip back took FOREVER! By the time I got pictures loaded onto a CD for my mom and onto Cheryl's laptop, it was bedtime. Here are a few favorites ...




Pruney toes.

Aly being ... well, Aly :)

Skyeler after spending too much time inside watching "The Next Top Model" or some such show (I really don't know what it was called) with her Granny. We think it might have went to her head.




I had been planning this shot since the first day on the beach. Skyeler didn't buy a Boogie Board so she wasn't in the picture.


The beach was beautiful this morning. It was also not yet crowded. I captured this shot of Bryce, Carter, and Aly coming in on their Boogie Boards. This picture was not staged. Love it when that happens.


That morning I was also able to capture this cool shot of Skye and her reflection. If you look close, you can also see her shadow.


Carter being ... well, Carter. :)



Skye and Granny



The Younger Yahoo's and their umbrella











Our last night at the beach, Cheryl and I walked out to pick up our beach paraphernalia and saw the tide was completely out. Neither of us had seen it out so far before and it was really amazing. The beach was so wide and their were little tide pools of water left behind. We ran back to get the yahoo's and Granny from the pool. The kids LOVED running around in the tide pools.



There were some "minnows" in some of the small tide pools. The yahoo's and I had spent some time on the beach during the week trying to catch some in our buckets (we didn't bring any minnow nets with us ... next time!). Skye and Bryce ran back to the condo to pick up our buckets in hopes that the small space would allow them to finally catch one. I don't know how long we stood there while the yahoo's and Granny tried time after time to chase those little fishies into the buckets. Bryce built a wall and Skye sat real still while Granny "herded" them towards her. Skye has the patience of Job when it comes to things like that. I think she and Bryce would have been sitting there till the tide came in if we had let them.



Finally a picture of all four yahoo's. We had hoped to take portraits on the beach. I wanted a new one for my "Cousins" frame, Granny always wants new pictures, and Cheryl wanted to get her Christmas Card photo. Unfortunately, it was too windy. Way too windy. We'll just have to wait for another time.







No comments: