Monday, May 25, 2009

My Green Thumb

This weekend Dan and I worked on the front flower beds. The casual viewer of the blog may wonder why this is blog-worthy. Well, to put it in the words of my best friend in the world "Wow Ang! I didn't know you knew what topsoil and mulch WERE!!" Yes, Cheryl loves me :) Dan had already cut out one of the trees with the chainsaw. Yesterday, he pulled another one out with the car. We still have a little more mulch to buy. Not having done this before, well, we really didn't know how much we were going to need. It looks a little more bare than I had anticipated, but I know that we have to see if a) I can actually keep a plant alive and b)how the ones I picked grow. In any case, it looks so much better than it did with partially dead, overgrown trees and old mulch with no flowers.

From the driveway

Coming up the sidewalk...I even bought a cute this sign thingy to go in the flowerbed

In front of the house...not completely done

Aly and Skyeler did actually help, but then Aly wandered off. Aly has gotten into something again because she has another rash. I swear she must feel it in the air and get poison whatever it is. It's on her ear and by her nose and eyebrow. She's been itchy all day. In retracing her steps for the last couple days I can't find where she got it. Ugh!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive, Ang!! It will be more rewarding as your plants begin to grow and fill out. Don't forget to water them! :) Love, me