Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gerbils

I thought I'd devote a little space to Skyeler's pets. Skyeler certainly hasn't been in many pictures lately, and I wouldn't want everyone to think that I've forgotten about her. :) She took these pictures of her gerbils. They are very good. I'm surprised she got the little boogers to stand still long enough to get a picture that was not blurry! They are fast. Anyone who is aware of our gerbil story might be interested to know that we are now down to 5. I say down because at one point we had 16 or 17 (can't remember now for sure...a lot more than we anticipated!) Keepers class at co-op was working on their Pets pin and Skyeler took pictures, made an outline, wrote a report, and then gave an oral report to the class. Seeing as how Skyeler hates public speaking, this was pretty remarkable.We actually carted two of the boys to co-op for "show and tell." The gerbils really are sweet little pets. Though I have to admit that they are much sweeter now that their numbers are getting a little more manageable :) Shown below are Pumpkin (tan) and Sugar Cookie (black).








No comments: