Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Raking the Leaves

This past Saturday, Skyeler and her friend Ashley wanted to go to Hobby Lobby. They asked Dan if he would take them if they raked the leaves in the front yard. He agreed. I head upstairs to check on them and find Ashely with the big rake and Skyeler with ... what is that orange thing ... a SNOW SHOVEL! I take a picture (of course) and then go tell Dan of their silliness. I'm all settled back downstairs when I hear Aly and her friend Skyler (yes, that gets confusing) head outside. They want to help rake leaves too. Little Skyler goes out back to get the kid-size rake. The next time I check up on them I see Ashley with her rake, Skyeler with her snow shovel, little Skyler with the little rake and ... what can that be ... Aly with the broom and dustpan from the garage! Oh, my, what a spectacle for the neighbors. Of course I have to take more pictures. Amazingly, they got all the leaves in a nice big pile. I didn't think we HAD that many leaves in our front yard. Ashley and Skyeler permitted the little ones to jump a few times and even jumped in themselves before raking the leaves out to the curb. They did a great job and we went to Hobby Lobby after lunch.
Starting out.
The snow shovel.


The broom and dustpan.


Jumping in!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONLY ALY WOULD THINK OF USING BROOM AND DUST PAN.

I HOPE SHE DOESN'T TRY TO SWEEP SNOW UP IN THE DUST PAN.

HOPE YOU GET THIS, LET ME KNOW. LOVE MOM